The Intermediate Autodesk Civil 3D Design Technician will use their design and drafting skills to support the civil structural components of projects as assigned within HOCS Projects. Experience with Autodesk Civil 3D is mandatory. This role will fill an immediate need for project assistance as needed, with excellent potential for a full time position.
- Production of CAD layouts and detailed design documents for plant site roads, grading (reinforced concrete, structural steel, building architectural as required) work packages for projects of varying size and complexity.
- On the job training for junior civil designer for Civil 3D.
- Assist with the creation and compiling of construction work package documentation.
- Coordinate and manage document acquisition and issuance from discipline level.
- Ensure design work complies with all applicable local, provincial, federal and industry codes, regulations and client standards.
- Visit remote project sites as required.
- Graduation from an accredited engineering graphic civil engineering technology program, or an appropriate level of experience. ASET certification will be considered an asset.
- 5 to 9 years’ engineering drafting and modelling experience, preferably in the chemical and petroleum industries, infrastructure and civil earthworks projects.
- Proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office suite of products, Autodesk Civil 3D or Bentley’s Inroad or PowerCivil software.
- Strong English oral and written communication skills.
- Superior attention to detail.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills; displays a positive attitude.
- Demonstrated initiative and self-management, flexibility and adaptability.
- Effective team player who works well independently.
- Strong organization and time management skills, coupled with the ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Drafting and modeling with precision and care with proper engineering and coordination follow up.
- Exercises good judgment and possesses decision-making and problem solving skills.
- Permitted to work legally in Canada.
- Commitment to a team focused environment.
- Willingness to assist others and take on tasks that might not ordinarily fall within the role.
- Values integrity and ethical standards, trust and objectivity.
- Desire for learning and a willingness to apply and share newly acquired skills and abilities.