The Project Engineer / Lead, Automation Projects will provide project management and execution of projects to ensure project excellence and client satisfaction with projects as assigned within HOCS Projects.
- Lead multi-discipline projects according to agreed scope and schedule.
- Coordinate planning and execution of projects including:
- Design Basis Memorandum
- Detailed Design
- Cost Estimates
- Detailed Schedules
- Preparation of Deliverables
- Resolution of Conflicts and Deficiencies
- Track all technical and commercial change orders to scope.
- Manage compliance to project budget, quality and schedule objectives.
- Verify compliance with all regulatory and code requirements.
- Facilitate regularly scheduled client review meetings.
- Issue regular project progress reports.
- Interact with discipline department heads and / or leads.
- Point of contact with clients.
- Resident assignment at client location.
- Graduation from an accredited university with a B.Sc., Engineering, or an accredited engineering technology program.
- Preference will be given to candidates who hold a Project Management Professional Certificate (PMP from PMI).
- Fabrication / construction experience will be considered an asset.
- Experience at an operational facility will be considered an asset.
- Strong English oral and written communication skills.
- Superior attention to detail.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills; displays a positive attitude.
- Demonstrated initiative and self-management, flexibility and adaptability.
- Effective team player who works well independently.
- Strong organization and time management skills, coupled with the ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Exercises good judgment and possesses decision-making and problem solving skills.
- Proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office suite of products, including Microsoft Project.
- Permitted to work legally in Canada.
- Commitment to a team focused environment.
- Willingness to assist others and take on tasks that might not ordinarily fall within the role.
- Values integrity and ethical standards, trust and objectivity.
- Desire for learning and a willingness to apply and share newly acquired skills and abilities.