The Senior Structural Engineer will provide leadership, engineering analysis and related support to the civil / structural components of projects as assigned within HOCS Projects. This role will fill an immediate need for project assistance as needed, with excellent potential for a full time position.
- Civil Structural Lead/Senior engineer on varying sizes and project complexity, accountable for discipline budget and scope.
- Accountable for quality of civil structural deliverables prepared by other civil structural personnel.
- Interface with clients and project managers, ensuring the highest client satisfaction.
- Establish calculation methods and documentation standards for civil structural deliverables.
- Share one’s knowledge, mentor and train junior engineers and technicians.
- Visit remote project sites for data collection and analysis as required.
- Preparation of proposals, technical studies engineering/construction scope of work packages, material takeoffs and cost estimates.
- Competency with MS office suite, major engineering analytical software, and 2D and 3D CAD tools.
- Delivery of all technical engineering responsibilities to achieve project objectives and regulatory compliance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil/Structural Engineering from an accredited college or university.
- Current registration as a professional engineer with APEGA; able to stamp as engineer of record.
- 10 plus years’ experience with engineering companies for the industrial, oil and gas sector.
- Strong English oral and written communication skills.
- Permitted to work legally in Canada.
- Strong organizational and time management skills; ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Exercises good judgment and possesses decision-making and problem solving skills.
- Commitment to a team focused environment; excellent interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to share knowledge, assist others and take on tasks beyond the role.
- Values integrity and ethical standards, trust and objectivity.
- Carry out HOCS Projects’ mission to be recognized as the benchmark for engineering and project execution excellence.